|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 86 - The Morning Star
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. By the Sky and the Night-Visitant (therein) -
2. And what will explain to thee what the Night-Visitant is? -
3. (It is) the Star of piercing brightness -
4. There is no soul but has a protector over it.
5. Now let man but think from what he is created!
6. He is created from a drop emitted -
7. Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:
8. Surely (Allah) is able to bring him back (to life)!
9. The Day that (all) things secret will be tested,
10. (Man) will have no power, and no helper.
11. By the Firmament which returns (in its round),
12. And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the sprouting of vegetation) -
13. Behold this is the Word that distinguishes (Good from Evil):
14. It is not a thing for amusement.
15. As for them, they are but plotting a scheme,
16. And I am planning a scheme.
17. Therefore grant a delay to the Unbelievers: Give respite to them gently (for awhile)."
|86. Surah At-Tariq (The Night Comer)
1. By the heaven, and At-Tariq (the night-comer, i.e. the bright star);
2. And what will make you to know what At-Tariq (night-comer) is?
3. (It is) the star of piercing brightness;
4. There is no human being but has a protector over him (or her) (i.e. angels incharge of each human being guarding him, writing his good and bad deeds, etc.)
5. So let man see from what he is created!
6. He is created from a water gushing forth
7. Proceeding from between the back-bone and the ribs,
8. Verily, (Allah) is Able to bring him back (to life)!
9. The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.) will be examined (as to their truth).
10. Then will (man) have no power, nor any helper.
11. By the sky (having rain clouds) which gives rain, again and again.
12. And the earth which splits (with the growth of trees and plants),
13. Verily! This (the Qur'an) is the Word that separates (the truth from falsehood, and commands strict legal laws for mankind to cut the roots of evil).
14. And it is not a thing for amusement.
15. Verily, they are but plotting a plot (against you O Muhammad).
16. And I (too) am planning a plan.
17. So give a respite to the disbelievers. Deal you gently with them for a while.