|Translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali||Translated by Hilali Khan|
|Surah 94 - Solace
With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
1. Have We not expanded thee thy breast? -
2. And removed from thee thy burden
3. The which did gall thy back? -
4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?
5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
7. Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,
8. And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention."
|94. Surah Ash-Sharh (The Opening Forth)
1. Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad)?
2. And removed from you your burden,
3. Which weighed down your back?
4. And raised high your fame?
5. So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,
6. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).
7. So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up for Allah's worship (i.e. stand up for prayer).
8. And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions and hopes and) your invocations.